Adobe Reader X coming next month
Today Adobe is announcing the new Acrobat X Family of Products which includes Adobe Reader X as well as Acrobat X Suite, Acrobat X Pro, and Acrobat X Standard. Reader X will be available for download next month and we want to give you a preview of the valuable new features you can expect.
Reader X continues to set the standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. Plus it’s the only PDF file viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia. Building on this strong foundation, we’ve added new features in Reader X to help teams be more innovative and productive in their work.
Some of these new features include the ability to:
- View and interact with PDF files that contain an even wider variety of content types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, videos, and other multimedia elements.
- Make notes and share your feedback with others by marking up PDF documents using the Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools.
- Choose reading mode to fit more content on the screen or two-up mode to view page spreads. Use keyboard shortcuts like print, zoom, and find within the browser.
- Take advantage of the added security of Protected Mode in Reader, which helps ensure safer viewing of PDF files.
- Directly access online services at Acrobat.com from within Reader X. Perform common tasks such as creating PDF files, securely sharing and storing documents, and screen-sharing.
- Expanded PDF access via mobile devices with free Adobe Reader for Android, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS
To learn more about the new features in Acrobat X and pre-order, check out the new site on Adobe.com. Stay tuned for an announcement about where you can download the new Reader X next month!
Source: Adobe Reader Blog