foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats including MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, and CDDA. foobar2000 also has full Unicode support, advanced tagging capabilities, ReplayGain for both playback and calculation, customizable keyboard shortcuts and more useful features. There is also support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats). foobar’s developer also includes an open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Improvements to new Default User Interface:
- New built-in Media Library Search dialog, with advanced autoplaylist creation features.
- Configurable left/center/right alignment of custom columns in Playlist View.
- Usability: switching layouts now flashes labels to reduce user confusion.
- Ability to customize toolbar buttons.
- New: Warning popup when trying to close foobar2000 while tasks such as conversion or ReplayGain scan are active.
- Various UI responsivity improvements and speed optimizations; much faster Album List refresh with large libraries.
- Usability: positions of various dialogs are now remembered, relative to their parent windows.
- Properties dialog: “Tools” button, “Automatically Fill Values” can now use clipboard as source.
- Converter clean-ups, ability to manually edit commandline encoder executable paths through Advanced Preferences.
- WMA handling bug fixes, ability to store arbitrary metadata fields in WMA tags.
- ID3v2 tagging compatibility improvements.
- Various bug fixes.