foobar2000 is a comprehensive, easy to use audio player for Windows. Featuring full Unicode support, advanced tagging capabilities, customizable hotkeys, ReplayGain to help correct your audio and many more useful utilities to assist your media library. There are multiple ways to configure and customize your user interface. foobar’s developer also includes an open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
foobar2000 allows you to easily use multiple playlists and utilize features to remove both duplicates and dead items. foobar handles multiple popular audio formats, including: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, and CDDA without the need for plugins to play all of those formats.There are also features to support viewing album art, browing your media library, having visualizations and configuring the equalizer.
- New: Startup notification when a component is known not to cooperate correctly with this version of foobar2000.
- New: “Library Viewer Selection” playlist, compatible with Album List and Media Library Search.
- New title formatting functions: $stripprefix(), $swapprefix(), $year(), $month(), $day_of_month(), $date(), $time().
- New extensions to the search query syntax.
- Album List: faster refresh when using the built-in search box.
- ReplayGain scanner: applying ReplayGain to MP3 data no longer chokes on noncompliant ID3v2 tags with false MPEG sync words.
- ReplayGain scanner: new services allowing third-party components to perform ReplayGain analysis.
- No longer compatible with components using metadb_display_hook API.
- Changed component DLL loading logic – only “components” subdirectory along with its subdirectories is processed if it exists.
- Playback queue index is now displayed in the “Playing” column of Default UI / Playlist View; it can be also accessed using %queue_index%.
The following components are incompatible with this foobar2000 version due to the removed API and will function partially or incorrectly:
- foo_uie_lyrics_art (v0.057 and later should work fine)
- foo_uie_lyrics (prior to v0.3.3.0)
- foo_playcount (update to v2.1.3)