foobar2000 0.9.6 Beta 1
foobar2000 is a comprehensive, easy to use audio player for Windows. Featuring full Unicode support, advanced tagging capabilities, customizable hotkeys, ReplayGain to help correct your audio and many more useful utilities to assist your media library. There are multiple ways to configure and customize your user interface. foobar’s developer also includes an open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
foobar2000 allows you to easily use multiple playlists and utilize features to remove both duplicates and dead items. foobar handles multiple popular audio formats, including: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, and CDDA without the need for plugins to play all of those formats.There are also features to support viewing album art, browing your media library, having visualizations and configuring the equalizer.
- Media Library now automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders; no more need to manually rescan them.
- Improved compatibility of file type associations with Windows Vista.
- No more delay when playing/enqueuing files from Windows Explorer.
- The installer now includes “portable mode” that works in limited user contexts and doesn’t make any changes to system configuration, registry, etc.
- New Converter user interface.
- Built-in Matroska support.