LibreOffice is the most actively developed free and open source office suite, a project of The Document Foundation. It was forked from OpenOffice.org in 2010, which was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice. The LibreOffice suite comprises programs for word processing, the creation and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing mathematical formulae. It is available in 110 languages.
LibreOffice includes the following software:
- Writer – A word processor similar to Microsoft Word or WordPerfect.
- Calc – A spreadsheet program similar to Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3.
- Impress – A presentation program resembling Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Draw – A vector graphics editor and diagramming tool similar to Microsoft Visio and comparable in features to early versions of CorelDRAW.
- Math – An application designed for creating and editing mathematical formulae.
- Base – A database management program, similar to Microsoft Access.