OpenOffice.org 3.0 coming in September 2008
OpenOffice.org is the open source project through which Sun Microsystems is releasing the technology for the popular StarOffice productivity suite. It is an international office suite that will run on all major platforms and provide access to all functionality and data through open-component based APIs and an XML-based file format. It establishes the necessary facilities to make this open source technology available to the developer community.
- First translation handover: January 18th, 2008
- UI and Feature_freeze: March 6th, 2008
- Translation update 3.0 start: March 13th, 2008
- Translation update 3.0 delivery: April 3rd, 2008, code freeze for Beta
- Begin TCM testing: April 10th, 2008
- “Last cws integration” for Beta: April 17th, 2008
- OpenOffice.org 3.0 Beta: April 30th, 2008
- Code_freeze, last regular translation delivery: July 4th, 2008
- Last cws integration for fixes: July 18th, 2008
- Release candidate for all languages: July 25th, 2008, begin of TCM testing
- Product release: September 2nd, 2008 or OOoCon 2008 mid September ?