VideoLAN (VLC) media player 0.8.6i
VLC (VideoLAN) is a multi-platform multimedia player. It can read DVDs, VCDs, MPEG, and DivX files and from a satellite card. It can also read a stream from a network sent by the VideoLAN Server or another source. The stream can be MPEG 2 TS in UDP or HTTP packets unicasted or multicasted on an IPv4 or IPv6 network.
- Fixed integer overflow in WAV demuxer (CVE-2008-2430)
- Fixed option to use shared memory within the GLX video output module
- Improved galaktos-based audio visualizations on FreeBSD
- Miscellaneous bugfixes in multiple modules and in libvlc (transcode stream output, OSD menu video filter, VCD input, SAP services discovery, http control interface)
- Updated Polish translation