Xfire is the instant messenger for gamers. See when your friends are playing online games; See what game they are playing; see where they are playing; and join their game with just one click. Plus, unlike existing Instant Messengers, this one lets you receive IMs without disrupting your game.
X-fire is simple, functional, while not being bloated. Most of the features in Xfire would be used by the average gamer at some point or another.
- Added an edit box on the Chat tab to join a chat room by name
- Added the ability for admins and moderators of chat rooms to silence everyone else
- Added a chat room option to not show user enter/leave messages
- Fixed a problem with the Tools | Options | Broadcast option to only allow your friends to see broadcast
- Fixed broken game join button on chat windows
- Fixed looping problems when in a voice chat and then testing your mic in Tools | Options | Voice
- Fixed a problem with launching some games on Vista with UAC enabled
- Fixed a video capture and broadcast problem that would record the wrong sound stream
- Updated some language strings for Swedish and Hungarian
- Added an advertisement on the chat room window. This is to support Xfire-hosted voice servers which will be live (*beta*) very soon
- New games supported
Download: Xfire 1.98