Microsoft's Digital Crimes Unit has shut down a botnet that was investigated for hosting the MacDefender scareware that preyed on Mac OS X users. The botnet, known as Kelihos or "Waledac 2.0," has been linked to spam messages, ID-theft attacks, pump-and-dump stock scams and websites promoting the sexual exploitation of children, according to Microsoft senior attorney Richard Domingues Boscovich. The botnet contained about 41,000...
- Best Free Antivirus + Free Antimalware for XP? February 21, 2019
- Newly added Giphy! February 21, 2019
- Lunarsoft Forums upgraded to 4.4 February 21, 2019
- Firefox to introduce CryptoMining and Fingerprint Blocking February 8, 2019
- iOS 12.2 will limit Web apps’ access to iPhone’s sensors February 7, 2019