Alcatel-Lucent's Bell Labs claims to have "set a new broadband speed record of 10Gbps using traditional copper telephone lines" in a research project that could ultimately bring gigabit speed to broadband networks that combine fiber with copper. Those 10Gbps speeds can only be achieved over 30 meters; at 70 meters, top speeds drop to 1Gbps, according to today's announcement. Alcatel-Lucent says that 1Gbps upload and download...
- Lunarsoft Frontpage 4.9.x April 5, 2018
- Netflix cancels badge scheme for kids binge watchers March 23, 2018
- Netflix debuts the public bug bounty program March 22, 2018
- Chrome 66 will block autoplaying videos March 22, 2018
- Seagate demos Mach 2 with doubled performance March 22, 2018