When people download software from SourceForge, or any major repository of Open Source software, they expect the software to be trustworthy. (baring unintentional bugs) They do not expect the software to be a source of “drive by installer” style malware, spyware, adware, or any other unrelated/unintended software. SourceForge’s new owners, Dice, have consciously and deliberately moved to a model violating this trust. With their recent changes, users downloading from SourceForge now receive a special closed source...
- Infected CCleaner downloads from official servers September 18, 2017
- Western Digital ships 12TB enterprise hard drives September 18, 2017
- Proposed Security.txt will work like Robots.txt September 18, 2017
- Chrome to stop autoplay content with sound in January 2018 September 17, 2017
- New status that is shared to Facebook too! September 15, 2017